Friday, October 18, 2019

Is Professor Warren A Plagiarist?


Professor Warren A Plagiarist?

As a former Social Security Administration Manager and Analyst for over thirty-three years, I, along with a former colleague, have devised a comprehensive, progressive Social Security solvency plan which I call the B.E.S.T. Social Security Modernization Plan.  B.E.S.T. stands for Balanced, Equitable, Solvent & Tested.  Details of the plan are located on a blog which I set up, starting on November 25, 2013, in lieu of a web page or book. Start with the earliest posts to read the plan’s details. Location: http://bestsocialsecuritymodplan.blogspot.com.

On two occasions, I have personally handed Elizabeth Warren folders containing key parts of what I call the BEST Mod Plan with bold typed covers asking to be able to present details of the plan to Elizabeth and/or her qualified staff. The first time was in North Adams, MA when she was running for the Senate; the second time was on Monday, February 1, 2016 in Springfield, MA at a rally in the Federal Building.

Despite my efforts including a written follow up for which I received a mere canned response, I have never heard from Professor/Senator Warren or her staff regarding my Social Security Plan.

Recently reading Senator Warren’s 2020 campaign web page section on her plans for Social Security, I was surprised to find that it included two key features/concepts of my plan: establishing a higher Social Security tax rate for higher wages above a certain level, and requiring certain net investment incomes to be subject to paying Social Security taxes  on this income like wages.

Other than my plan, I have never read any other Social Security solvency plans which included these two key progressive concepts. Given that I have repeatedly suggested adopting these concepts to Senator Warren twice leads me to believe my ideas and concepts could have or should have influenced her plan.

So, what is my point? There are two scenarios: Either Senator Warren and staff never read about my Social Security Plan despite my considerable efforts, or she and her staff ‘borrowed” from my plan without any acknowledgement whatsoever.  If scenario one is true, do we want someone to be president who totally ignores her constituents, even when they have reasonable credentials?  Scenario two is indicative of a lack of personal integrity in failing to at minimum contact me after I had twice submitted detailed Social Security Solvency plans to her and then using my ideas.


The ball is in Senator Warren’s court. Is she truly the best America has to offer?  Or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment